As a patient, family member or caregiver affected by a rare disease, you face challenges that shape your life on a daily basis. At Dicerna, we strive to understand those challenges so we can better serve and support you and the wider patient community.
We created our patient advocacy program with a specific purpose in mind: to listen to you and accurately represent and address your needs and concerns. By forming strong, two-way connections with patient communities, we can learn from each other and uncover important insights that guide the development of new medicines and support services.
Discovering and developing safe and effective new medicines is a risky, time-consuming, and highly regulated process. We firmly believe that involving patient communities in this work will help us bring effective new therapies to people who urgently need them.
As we work to reduce the burden of disease, we promise to:
- Advocate for you and your needs within our company.
- Maintain strong, transparent relationships with patient organizations.
- Communicate consistently with global patient communities.
- Answer your questions and provide you with timely feedback.
- Collaborate to increase awareness of rare diseases and educate about their diagnosis and management.
At Dicerna, patients inspire everything we do. We look forward to building and sustaining strong relationships with you and others in your disease community. Please feel free to email me at email@example.com if you have questions or would like to connect.
With best regards,
Head of Patient Advocacy and Patient Services